Friday, March 19, 2010

Say Cheese!


Yesterday I had the opportunity to grab lunch with a friend that I don't get to see very often. So I wanted to make sure we went somewhere with great food and an atmosphere that catered to conversation. St. James Cheese Co., located on Prytania Street is one of my favorite Uptown sandwich and salad places (in addition to here). Their impressive selection of artisan cheeses, cured meats, pates, and pantry items such as crackers, compotes and jams make this Uptown fromagerie a local favorite. They even have cheese boards, cutlery, and anything else you might need for your party or picnic.

We grabbed a table for two by the window and enjoyed tea, sandwiches, salad, and chips while catching up on each others' lives. I loved sharing good news and good food with a great friend.

PS: I am in Jackson, Mississippi for the weekend to visit old friends, attend the St. Patrick's Day parade, and patron some of my favorite Jackson restaurants. Stay tuned next week to read about my weekend festivities.


Check out the St. James Cheese Co. website to read their full menu and about their weekly classes

Mozzarella, Fra Mani salami, and basil pesto grilled on ciabatta.

Beecher's Cheddar: Smoked turkey, fresh basil, avocado, and tomato on ciabatta.

Beautiful cheese selection

No comments:

Post a Comment