Friday, March 26, 2010

Do The Hokey Poke


I'm a huge dork when it comes to going out to eat. I love the entire process of choosing a time, getting ready, and reading the restaurant's online menu (if available) in order to pick out what I want ahead of time. But what makes me even happier is when I don't have to get into a car and drive to my destination. For me, there's something so much more appealing about walking to a restaurant rather than driving to it. That's what I love about my boyfriend's neighborhood. From his apartment we can walk to four or more great restaurants, including here and here, and well, I just love that.

The weather has been perfect for restaurant walking the past couple of weeks, and we have taken full advantage of the opportunity to burn a few calories before and after meals, while breathing in some fresh springtime air. Kyoto Japanese restaurant on Prytania has been the choice this week because it's healthy and because they're the only place that has the famous Poke Salad. This salad (pictured above) is only $10 and it's basically a squid salad, seaweed salad, and cucumber salad all mixed together with fresh tuna, salmon, avocado, crabstick and asparagus in a spicy chili dressing. It is amazing, and because of the amount of food you get for the price, it's a favorite amongst many Kyoto regulars. I like to have mine as my whole meal, with just a miso or clear soup to start.


Soft-shell crab roll with Fresh Salmon sushi


Taco Salad: tuna, fresh salmon, whitefish, white tuna, shrimp, crabstick, sour cream, margarita sauce, and smelt roe served in a fried spring roll shell

No comments:

Post a Comment