Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Old Dog, New Tricks


I love it when restaurants get creative and update their menus. I had sort of forgotten about Reginelli's pizzeria until recently, when we received their new menu in the mail, along with some coupons. I immediately noticed some new things that I was eager to try, and I have to admit that yesterday marked my third time eating there in the past week and a half. Pretty intense, huh? Sure, it might be, but I'll let the food speak for itself.

They have expanded their menu beyond pizza, Caesar salad, and calzones and now offer more options for everyone on every diet. Since I have been trying to makeover my breakfast and lunch options to include more veggies and lean proteins, I especially love Reginelli's Chicken Salad, Mad Capper sandwich, and Hummus Pitaco. The Chicken Salad comes with mixed greens, Roma tomatoes, pecans, Gorgonzola cheese, and sliced green applies with a balsamic vinaigrette. The Mad Capper doesn't just have an awesome name, it also has two portabella mushroom caps that are seasoned, cooked, topped with dill aioli, grated fontina, and a cold salad of roma tomatoes, basil, red onions and capers. And although I love the hummus sandwich here, Reginelli's does their own version by topping grilled pita with hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, and serving an asparagus and artichoke salad on the side. I could eat this six dollar sandwich at least once a week.

So if you haven't been to Reginelli's in a while, I highly suggest paying a visit to this neighborhood eatery. I'm sure I'll be back soon, considering there are a couple of appetizers I want to try, $2 pitchers of Abita Amber on Mondays and Tuesdays, and $10 bottles of wine on Wednesdays. Now that's what I call eatin' (and drinkin'!) good in the neighborhood...


Tomato Basil soup


Hummus Pitaco: Hummus, cucumbers, Roma tomatoes, and alfalfa sprouts on grilled pita with an asparagus and artichoke salad on the side.


Chicken Salad with Gorgonzola cheese, pecans and green apples.


I went mad for the Mad Capper sandwich... I think you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment