Friday, April 16, 2010

Noodle Love


Every week I get an insatiable craving for Asian food. Usually I'll satisfy my craving by going out for sushi, which definitely isn't something I'd ever attempt to make at home, and depending on what you order, it can be very healthy. But sometimes I need a change and that's when I usually turn to Thai food.

La Thai, located on the corner of Robert and Prytania, is a great Uptown Thai restaurant that offers an extensive menu of starters, soups, salads, noodles, stir-fry, curry and other entrees to please everyone at the table. I'm fond of the Tom Ka Gai soup, which is a classic Taiwanese soup made with chicken, coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger, and mushrooms, and I also really like the Paht Woon Sen glass noodle dish with shrimp and veggies in a sweet soy-garlic sauce. My boyfriend particularly enjoys the green curry with chicken, which he orders spicy, but you can specify how much heat you want in any of the dishes. Personally, I don't enjoy spicy food, but I find that if I endure a little spice, I have an even bigger excuse to hit up Creole Creamery after the meal :)


Green Curry Mussels - Mussels were decent but the french fries were slightly disappointing (tasted too much like fast food fries)


Paht Woon Sen: Glass noodles, shrimp, scallions, baby corn, mushrooms


Green Curry with Chicken: Coconut milk, bamboo shoots, eggplant, basil

No comments:

Post a Comment