Friday, February 12, 2010

"Sam"-tastic!


Valentine's Day is quickly approaching, so, as a little precursor to our Saturday night dinner date, I decided to take my man to get lunch at a place I thought he would really like (and it just so happened to be on my list of places to try). Located on the corner of Magazine and Jackson Ave., Stein's Market and Deli was the perfect rainy day choice. From their vast selection of artisan beers, home-made bagel chips, and bread loaves, to their extensive menu that offers classic sandwiches as well as their own specialties, Stein's is sure to please.

We ordered the Tuscan panini and the "Sam." The Tuscan panini is made with Tuscan ham, fresh mozzarella, artichokes and red onion. And the "Sam" boasts hot pastrami topped with swiss cheese, cole slaw, and russian dressing on rye bread. The Sam was probably the most delicious pastrami sandwich I have ever had and it will be hard to order anything different the next time I go.

Even though Stein's is not Kosher, reviews have stated it's the closest thing to an authentic New York style Jewish deli that New Orleans has to offer. The atmosphere is fast-paced and eclectic, yet really charming. The one negative comment I have is that there is limited seating, so if you're planning on grabbing lunch with a friend and catching up, Stein's would not be my first choice. All in all a delicious experience and we will definitely be going back.


No comments:

Post a Comment