Friday, February 5, 2010

Delicious and Nutritious


Ever since I was a kid I have loved Vietnamese soup. In grade school my dad would pick me up on Fridays and take me to get an afterschool treat. While most kids would have wanted McDonalds or ice cream, I usually exclaimed "I want Kim's soup!". Kim's was our favorite Vietnamese restaurant when I was a kid, and now we've changed it to Jazmine Cafe on the riverbend. I go there specifically for the vegetable soup, which is chock-full of broccoli, bean sprouts, cabbage, onions and cilantro. It's the perfect pick-me-upper when you're feeling under the weather, or in our case, it was the warm and comforting meal we needed when the weather has been anything but optimal. Best part is that my delicious soup is only seven dollars and I always have leftovers.

2 comments: