Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo


If you're like me, you believe Cinco de Mayo is a holiday worth celebrating, but not always on May 5th. The inevitable long restaurant waits and crowded bars are a huge deterrent in my willingness to go out and join the party. Instead, I like to think of it as a week-long celebration, which is honestly just a way for me to justify having frozen margaritas for a longer period of time. My mom and I celebrated Cinco de Mayo at Superior Grill a few days early this year, and it was still delicious and fun.

Superior Grill on St. Charles Avenue has been serving up Mexican food for over 10 years and it still remains as my favorite place for frozen margaritas, chips and salsa, and sizzling hot fajitas. I've never really been a huge fan of enchiladas, and I prefer the tacos at other places, but Superior's fajitas always hit the spot. They come out on a super hot cast iron skillet with onions, bell pepper, tomato, your choice of chicken or steak (or both) and a plate of all the other fixings (cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo etc.) Paired with some queso dip and the best frozen margarita Uptown has to offer, and you've got yourself a Cinco de Mayo feast any day of the year.


Lunch fajitas with steak and chicken


A small glass of frozen goodness :)


One of the busiest bars on the Avenue, and the best place to get a drink during the Mardi Gras parades


Take your drinks to "geaux"

1 comment:

  1. May have to grab a margarita on the way home to get the evening started!

    ReplyDelete